7.16.2009

The Encore Honeymoon

With Mr. Encore headed to the other end of the world (not sure if that's geographically accurate but it feels like it) this fall, we've shifted our wedding conversations to the trips we will take once he returns, more specifically: the honeymoon. My only request: an overwater bungalow. In my mind I equate overwater bungalow with Bora Bora but after investigating the prices I realized that they are not the only ones with the charming "casitas" over the water. Apparently Bermuda, Fiji and Panama, Belize and Mexico have them! Oh Joy! We can stay in a cute overwater bungalow without having to fly over 13 hours to get there, success! I'm only in the preliminary research stages though and it looks promising. Has anyone vacationed in an overwater bungalow before? Did you like it? Any pros, cons? Please share!

3 comments:

A Bride...Again said...

Oooh, EB. I would LOVE to hear more about this topic - especially if you found something closer like you mentioned that wouldn't require the 13 flight or the $2K/night price tag of Bora Bora...keep us updated as your research moves along. Some of us (me) haven't yet booked our honeymoon and are intrigued...

Encore Bride said...

I will keep my research posted, another place I love is the Tulum area of Mexico, will post more soon. Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Mrs. H said...

We honeymooned in Bora Bora and a few of the other islands.....definitely an unforgettable experience. I did manage to review everything on my blog if you ever want to see pics and get more info.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails