11.12.2010

How We Did It-Recap

As I planned to write the series I realized the way we chose our vendors was the same every time. Word of mouth from other brides, I would check out their website and hopefully their blog. I would email them, wait for the response by next day (since I am ahead of Vegas by 10 hrs), ask for what I wanted, wait for a quote, compare and make a decision. Wash, rinse and repeat for all the vendors.

I know vendors know this, they know word of mouth is worth more than any ad they can pay for. Having a nice website and hopefully a blog (not to mention participate in other social networks) is very important especially in this time and age of technology. The fact that they responded quickly was high up on my list. As an Encore Bride I was not hung up on the simple details.  My focus was having what we wanted, a nice ceremony along with a wonderful steak dinner among family and close friends.

We wanted and talked about eloping but I wanted to give everyone a chance to attend, to my surprise many of my friends had made reservations before we even sent their invitations!

To recap, this is how we did it:

1. We spoke to other brides getting married in the same area.
2. We asked for references
3. We checked vendors reviews and feedback
4. Emailed vendors to inquire about their services
5. Waited for reply
6. If they did I would go in the detail of what I was looking for but I let them do what they do best, offer the best suggestions for our event.
7. Agree to a price
8. I received all contacts via email, I signed them, scanned them and sent them back
9. DONE!

Who said it couldn't be done? We are planning a small, intimate but elegant wedding for 30 in beautiful Las Vegas and we did it all in about 3 months.

Now if Uncle Sam could only assure me that I will be there, it would be alright!

2 comments:

mypixieblog said...

You make it sound so easy! Congrats on getting the wedding planning underway and appearing to be so calm and collected about it. I admire your organization and planning skills! Three months!? That's fantastic :)

Thank you so much for commenting on my SITS day so that I can find you here. I'm so happy see that you have also found your happy ending and can't wait for the day when I join the ranks of the marrieds myself. In the meantime, I wish you and your fiance the best of luck in the future. I couldn't agree more; settling down and marrying the man of your dreams is worth the wait. Congratulations to you both :)

Encore Bride said...

Awww thank you so much! The wait was def worth it, our friends and family are so excited for us!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails