11.04.2010

How We Did It-Part II Reception

After the chapel and date were secured we knew we wanted a small, intimate steak dinner along the strip, hopefully with a view. I went back to my 2 sites of reference, theknot.com and weddingwire.com. I asked other brides, I emailed almost every restaurant on the strip, and then I checked wedding wire. After every response from every restaurant I was shocked at the prices. The main purpose for doing this in Las Vegas was so that we didn't have to pay $100+ a person. It seemed all of the restaurants on the strip wanted around $100 a person without drinks and gratuity. 

After coming across the reviews in wedding wire I came across a restaurant that had the most and highest ratings; Lawry's the Prime Rib Restaurant. It met most of our requirements: steak dinner-check, intimate with private room-check, rave reviews-check, reasonable prices-check, and lastly I can bring any cake and flower vendors I would like at no extra charge-HUGE CHECK! The only thing Lawry's cannot provide is a view of the strip but that OK with us.


Another plus was the outstanding service I received from the Sales manager, she emailed me within a few hours (I am 10 hours ahead of Vegas) every time I had a question. To this date she still does as questions come up when planning the menu, etc.

Again, the key to booking this space along with the Chapel was the convenience and customer service they provided, in my book, those two things are priceless.

To recap, how does one plan a wedding in Las Vegas from Iraq, I would say: Internet, Las Vegas knotties and wedding wire. What helped you plan your wedding?

4 comments:

The Lovely One said...

I used The Knot a lot in my wedding planning, too! And because I live in Cali and got married in Hawaii, I had to rely on email for everything. Great post!

Encore Bride said...

I don't know what I would've done w/o the knot. Thanks for stopping by!

Em said...

Here from SITS. Congratulations. I planned my wedding almost under duress. I wanted to elope. Now I would do it differently, but I was a huge brat, then.

Encore Bride said...

Em,

Thanks for stopping by, the great thing is that you could always renew your vows :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails