9.27.2009

The Encore Bride Style File-NYC Fashion Week

As any good fashion design major I've been glued to my iPhone with the latest collections from New York, London and Milan. Style.com has a wonderful app that allows you to review all the fashion collections that have been presented. I diligently reviewed all the latest collections looking for inspiration that could be translated to wedding day style. Unfortunately I didn't find many. Most designers presented casual wear looks and very few dresses.

One designer in particular captured my attention. If I was to design my wedding based on one of these collections it would be this one; the Spring 2010 Ready to Wear collection presented by Gary Graham. I love the soft colors of beige, light blue and brown, the soft fabrics, the ruffles, and the effortless elegance presented.

(Click to enlarge)

Source: Style.com

I also loved Donna Karan's presentation, her silhouettes were very feminine and flattering. The soft ruffles and drapes were interesting as well as the selection of colors she used for her collection. Her suits would be great for city hall and the dresses for a beach wedding. Don't you think?

(Click to enlarge)
Source: Style.com

One of my favorite collections was presented by Chado Ralph Rucci, it was elegant, the fit was great and the colors were muted. Whether you are 20 or 40, he had something for everyone. Any of his suits and dresses would be great for an informal or intimate ceremony.

(Click to enlarge)
Source: Style.com


Overall, I thought these year's (Spring 2010) collections were very casual, many designers presented collections that relied heavily on black and white, there were not many evening gowns either. Most of the collections had looks for everyone, maybe a sign that designers are trying to attract more customers; A sign of the times?

Did you review the collections? Are there any you like? Any that you could use as inspiration for your wedding?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails